KRCL konkan railway recruitment 2017
krcl konkan railway is part of Indian railway known as konkan railway corporation limited. konkan railway recruitment 2017 is for junior engineer je for civil and electrical discipline. Recently konkan railway completed 26 years and for further improvements in their system and service they need young talented diploma engineer for junior engineer post.
Below we are giving detail eligibility, syllabus , exam pattern
total post – 37
electrical – 24
civil – 13
last date to apply online is 11/05/2017
salary or pay scale – 9300-34800
category wise distribution of seats
civil – 13
Open – 3
Obc – 1
Electrical – 24
Open – 14
Obc – 6
Eligibility Criteria for konkan railway recruitment 2017
- Candidate must belong to State Maharashtra, Goa or Karnataka.
- Candidate must completed his diploma in respective engineering discipline with 60% aggregate marks as a average of all semester.
- Only pass out candidates are allowed. those waiting for result are not allowed.
- Candidate should not be more than 32 years as on 1/7/2017.
Selection for konkan railway recruitment 2017
based on applications received candidates will be called for written exam.
there will be 150 marks for objective paper and 50 marks for subjective paper.
marks out of 200 will be converted to marks out of 100 and candidates will be shortlisted based on marks.
Exam pattern for konkan railway recruitment 2017
paper 1 – objective type
time 2 hrs
no. of questions 150
technical 90 marks
general intelligence and reasoning 60 marks
Negative marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Objective Paper only.
paper 2 – descriptive type
The Descriptive type will be of 50 marks – ( 35 marks-Professional, 15 marks – Proficiency in English Language ( Precis writing and comprehension )- 1.30 hour duration.
Konkan railway recruitment 2017 Syllabus for Electrical
1. Different systems of Power Generation — basic knowledge, merits & demerits.
2. Power Distribution System: over head & under ground systems, construction & maintenance practices, classification of voltages.
3. House / domestic wiring & industrial wiring: Single phase and three phase distribution, two way circuits, testing & energisation procedures.
4. Electrical Substations — Schematic line diagram, working principles, functions of Transformers, CT & PT units, Circuit Breakers, Gang Operating Switches, Drop Out Fuses, MCBs, MCCBs, Change Over switches, their maintenance, troubles & trouble shooting, concept of maximum demand, connected load, demand factor, diversity factor, power factor, energy tariff. Power shut down procedures. Tests of transformers & conditions of parallel operation. Power factor improvement methods.
5. Earthing of Electrical installations and its importance, types of earthing, measurement of earth resistance, maintenance of earthing systems.
6.Safety requirements while working on Electrical installations, checks to be carried out before commissioning of new electrical equipments / installations. Reporting & dealing of electrical accidents, electric shock, shock treatment, extinguishing of electrical fires & knowledge of use of fire extinguishers, Indian Electricity Rules & Act.
7. AC .& DC circuits, Ohm’s Law, Krichhoff’s Law, series parallel circuits, laws of magnetism, electromagnetic induction, Fleming’s rules — left hand & right hand, current, voltage, resistance, power, energy, HP. Calculation of energy consumption.
8. Cables, wires, insulators, insulation resistance, insulating materials, different types of joints -basic knowledge. Laying of cables, faults in cables & identification methods.
9. Illumination — fundamentals of illumination, types of lamps & accessories and their applications. Concepts of various lighting schemes – indoor lighting, street lighting & yard lighting etc. Energy efficient lighting systems.
10. Pumps — Working principle, types of pumps, their applications & selections, starters, over load relays, single phase preventer- wiring diagram, trouble shooting.
11. AC Machines: working principle & construction of alternators and various type of AC motors, starters- DOL and star-delta, their wiring / connection diagrams.
12. DC Machines: working principle, construction & characteristics of generators, DC Motors, starters & their wiring / connection diagrams.
13. Cells & batteries: rechargeable dry cells, lead acid cells, VRLA cells, SMF batteries, battery charging, recording of specific gravity and voltage, maintenance of batteries & battery chargers.
14. Basics of air conditioning, refrigeration cycle, working principles of refrigerator, water coolers, fans, air conditioning units, power supply connection wiring diagrams. Refrigerants and their properties.
15. Working principle and applications of Electrical measuring instruments like Megger, Earth Tester, Lux meter, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Anemometer, Kwh meter, Multimeter, Watt-meter.
16. Energy auditing, energy conservation measures, Global warming, Green energy.
B. Mathematics: Knowledge of std. X level
C. Knowledge of English, grammar of std. X level.
D. Reasoning, Aptitude and General Knowledge.
Konkan railway recruitment 2017 Syllabus for Civil
Applied Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Hydraulic Engineering, Surveying, Irrigtion Engineering, Public health Engineering, Road, Railway& Bridge Engineering, Concrete Technology, RCC & Steel structures, Soil Mechanics, Construction Technology & Construction Management.
General English & Mathematics (Standard-X level), Basic Science (Standard-X level), Reasoning, Aptitude and General Knowledge, Current affairs.
Recommended books for konkan railway recruitment 2017
while preparing for this exam you should stick with konkan railway recruitment 2017 syllabus.
there is 60 marks for general intelligence and logical reasoning
for that you can use quantitative aptitude by rs aggarwal
for logical reasoning modern appraoch to verbal and non verbal by rs aggarwal is best.
how to apply for konkan railway recruitment 2017
Candidates are required to apply through ON LINE model only, however a print out of ON LINE application signed by the candidate is to be submitted to
Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd, Belapur Bhavan, Sec-11, CBD/ Belapur, Navi Mumbai-400614 on or before 12/05/2017 by 17.30 hrs personally or by registered post.
Applications sent to or submitted at other offices of KRCL other than the office of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment) will not be considered.
All the best !